Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title Introduction to Mathematical Logic
- Author(s) Vilnis Detlovs, Karlis Podnieks
- Publisher: University of Latvia (2014)
- Paperback N/A
- eBook PDF (240 pages, 1.1 MB)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: N/A
- ISBN-13: N/A
- Share This:
This user-friendly introduction to the key concepts of mathematical logic focuses on concepts that are used by mathematicians in every branch of the subject. Using an assessible, conversational style, it approaches the subject mathematically (with precise statements of theorems and correct proofs), exposing readers to the strength and power of mathematics, as well as its limitations, as they work through challenging and technical results.
From the table of contents: References; 1. Introduction. What Is Logic, Really?; 2. Propositional Logic; 3. Predicate Logic; 4. Completeness Theorems (Model Theory); 5. Normal Forms. Resolution Method; 6. Miscellaneous (Negation as Contradiction or Absurdity).About the Authors
- Mathematical Logic - Set Theory, Model Theory, Computability, etc
- Theory of Computation and Computing
- Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Logic Programming
- Discrete Mathematics