Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title Natural Image Statistics: A Probabilistic Approach to Early Computational Vision
- Author(s) Aapo Hyvarinen, Jarmo Hurri, Patrik O. Hoyer
- Publisher: Springer; Softcover reprint of hardcover 1st ed. 2009 edition (December 16, 2010)
- Hardcover/Paperback 468 pages
- eBook PDF, 9 MB
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849968446
- Share This:
This book is both an introductory textbook and a research monograph on modelling the statistical structure of natural images. In very simple terms, "natural images" are photographs of the typical environment where we live. In this book, their statistical structure is described using a number of statistical models whose parameters are estimated from image samples.
The book is targeted for advanced undergraduate students, graduate students and researchers in vision science, computational neuroscience, computer vision and image processing. It can also be read as an introduction to the area by people with a background in mathematical disciplines (mathematics, statistics, theoretical physics). Due to the multidisciplinary nature of the subject, the book has been written so as to be accessible to an audience coming from very different backgrounds such as psychology, computer science, electrical engineering, neurobiology, mathematics, statistics and physics.About the Authors
- Computer and Machine Vision, Forensics
- Statistics, R Language and SAS Programming
- Probability, Stochastic Process, Queueing Theory, etc.
- Digital Signal Processing (DSP), Sound and Imaging Processing