Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title Snake Wrangling for Kids: Learning to Program with Python
- Author(s) Jason R. Briggs
- Publisher: No Starch Press (December 19, 2012); eBook (Draft, Briggs.net.nz, 2007, updated 2012)
- Paperback 344 pages
- eBook PDF (160 pages, 1.1 MB)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1593274076
- ISBN-13: 978-1593274078
- Share This:
Python is a powerful, expressive programming language that's easy to learn and fun to use! But books about learning to program in Python can be kind of dull, gray, and boring, and that's no fun for anyone.
Snake Wrangling for Kids brings Python to life and brings you (and your parents) into the world of programming. The ever-patient Jason R. Briggs will guide you through the basics as you experiment with unique (and often hilarious) example programs that feature ravenous monsters, secret agents, thieving ravens, and more. New terms are defined; code is colored, dissected, and explained; and quirky, full-color illustrations keep things on the lighter side.
This book is for children 8 years and older, who would like to learn computer programming. It covers the very basics of programming, and uses the Python 3 programming language to teach the concepts.
Chapters end with programming puzzles designed to stretch your brain and strengthen your understanding. By the end of the book you'll have programmed two complete games: a clone of the famous Pong and "Mr. Stick Man Races for the Exit" - a platform game with jumps, animation, and much more.About the Authors
- Jason R. Briggs has been a programmer since the age of eight, when he first learned BASIC on a Radio Shack TRS-80. Since then he has written software professionally as a developer and systems architect and served as Contributing Editor for Java Developer's Journal. His articles have appeared in JavaWorld, ONJava and ONLamp. Python for Kids is his first book.
- Python Programming
- Computer Programming
- The C++ Programming Language
- The C and Objective C Programming
- Parallel Computing and Programming
- Computer and Programming Languages