Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title Learn Python the Hard Way: A Very Simple Introduction to the Terrifyingly Beautiful World of Computers and Code
- Author(s) Zed Shaw
- Publisher: Addison-Wesley Professional, 3 edition (October 14, 2013); eBook (Updated Continuously)
- Paperback 320 pages
- eBook HTML, PDF, ePub, etc.
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0321884914
- ISBN-13: 978-0321884916
- Share This:
In this book, you'll learn Python by working through 52 brilliantly crafted exercises. Read them. Type their code precisely. (No copying and pasting!) Fix your mistakes. Watch the programs run. As you do, you'll learn how software works; what good programs look like; how to read, write, and think about code; and how to find and fix your mistakes using tricks professional programmers use.
Zed Shaw has perfected the world's best system for learning Python. Follow it and you will succeed - just like the hundreds of thousands of beginners Zed has taught to date! You bring the discipline, commitment, and persistence; the author supplies everything else.
It'll Be Hard At First. But Soon, You'll Just Get It - And That Will Feel Great!
This tutorial will reward you for every minute you put into it. Soon, you'll know one of the world's most powerful, popular programming languages. You'll be a Python programmer.
- Installing a complete Python environment
- Organizing and writing code
- Basic mathematics
- Strings and text
- Interacting with users
- Working with files
- Looping and logic
- Data structures using lists and dictionaries
- Program design
- Object-oriented programming
- Inheritance and composition
- Modules, classes, and objects
- Python packaging
- Automated testing
- Basic game development
- Basic web development
- Zed A. Shaw is the author of the popular online books Learn Python the Hard Way, Learn Ruby the Hard Way, and Learn C the Hard Way. He is also the creator of several open source software projects like Mongrel, Lamson, Mongrel2, and has been programming and writing for nearly 20 years.
- Python Programming
- Computer and Programming Languages
- Computer and Video Game Development and Programming
- Learn Python the Hard Way: A Very Simple Introduction, 3rd Edition (Zed Shaw)
- The Mirror Site (1) - PDF
- The Mirror Site (2) - PDF
- The Mirror Site (3) - PDF - GitHub