Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title Programming in Lua
- Author(s) Roberto Ierusalimschy
- Publisher: Lua.org; 3 edition (January 3, 2013); eBook (2003)
- Paperback 366 pages
- ebook HTML, and PDF
- Language: English
- ISBN-10/ASIN: 859037985X
- ISBN-13: 978-8590379850
- Share This:
This book is for students and professionals who are intrigued by the prospect of learning and using a powerful language that provides a rich infrastructure for creating programs. No programming knowledge is necessary to benefit from this book except for the section on Lua bindings, which requires some familiarity with the C programming language. A certain comfort level with command-line operations, text editing, and directory structures is assumed.
Lua is the language of choice for anyone who needs a scripting language that is simple, efficient, extensible, portable, and free. Currently, Lua is being used in areas ranging from embedded systems to Web development and is widely spread in the game industry, where knowledge of Lua is an indisputable asset. Lua also has established itself as a major language in software development for mobile devices.
Programming in Lua is the official book about the language, giving a solid base for any programmer who wants to use Lua. Authored by Roberto Ierusalimschy, the chief architect of the language, it covers all aspects of Lua 5 - from the basics to its API with C - explaining how to make good use of its features and giving numerous code examples.
Programming in Lua is targeted at people with some programming background, but does not assume any prior knowledge about Lua or other scripting languages. This Third Edition updates the text to Lua 5.2 and brings substantial new material. In particular, it brings more than one hundred exercises distributed through all chapters, ranging from simple questions about the language to full small-size projects.About the Authors
- Roberto Ierusalimschy is an Associate Professor of Computer Science at PUC-Rio (the Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro), where he works with programming-language design and implementation. He is the leading architect of the Lua programming language and the author of "Programming in Lua" (now in its third edition and translated to Chinese, Korean, German, and Japanese).
- Miscellaneous Computer/Programming Languages
- Computer Programming
- Computer and Programming Languages