Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title The Art of Computer Programming, Volume 1, Fascicle 1: MMIX -- A RISC Computer for the New Millennium
- Author(s) Donald E. Knuth
- Publisher: Addison-Wesley Professional; 1 edition (February 24, 2005)
- Hardcover 144 pages
- eBook Online, PDF
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0201853922
- ISBN-13: 978-0201853926
- Share This:
This first fascicle updates The Art of Computer Programming, Volume 1, Third Edition: Fundamental Algorithms, and ultimately will become part of the fourth edition of that book. Specifically, it provides a programmer's introduction to the long-awaited MMIX, a RISC-based computer that replaces the original MIX, and describes the MMIX assembly language. The fascicle also presents new material on subroutines, coroutines, and interpretive routines.About the Authors
Donald E. Knuth is known throughout the world for his pioneering work on algorithms and programming techniques, for his invention of th TeX and Metafont systems for computer typesetting, and for his prolific and influential writing. Professor Emeritus of the Art of Computer Programming at Stanford University, he currently devotes his time to the completion of these fascicles and the seven volumes to which they belong. Professor Knuth is the recipient of numerous awards and honors, including the ACM Turing Award, the Medal of Science, the AMS Steele Prize for expository writing, and the prestigious Kyoto Prize for advanced technology.
- MMIXware - A RISC Computer for the Third Millennium ©2000 (Donald E. Knuth)
- Assembly and Machine Languages
- Algorithms and Data Structures
- Computer Programming