Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title A Computational Introduction to Number Theory and Algebra
- Author(s) Victor Shoup
- Publisher: Cambridge University Press; 2 edition (February 16, 2009); eBook (version 2, 2012)
- Hardcover/Paperback 600 pages
- eBook PDF files
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0521516447
- ISBN-13: 978-0521516440
- Share This:
Number theory and algebra play an increasingly significant role in computing and communications, as evidenced by the striking applications of these subjects to such fields as cryptography and coding theory.
This introductory book emphasizes algorithms and applications, such as cryptography and error correcting codes, and is accessible to a broad audience. The presentation alternates between theory and applications in order to motivate and illustrate the mathematics. The mathematical coverage includes the basics of number theory, abstract algebra and discrete probability theory.
This edition now includes over 150 new exercises, ranging from the routine to the challenging, that flesh out the material presented in the body of the text, and which further develop the theory and present new applications. The material has also been reorganized to improve clarity of exposition and presentation. Ideal as a textbook for introductory courses in number theory and algebra, especially those geared towards computer science students.About the Authors
- Victor Shoup is a Professor in the Department of Computer Science at the Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences, New York University.
- Computational and Algorithmic Mathematics
- Mathematical and Computational Software
- Number Theory
- Algebra, Abstract Algebra, and Linear Algebra
- A Computational Introduction to Number Theory and Algebra (Victor Shoup)
- The Mirror Site (1)
- Google's Preview