Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title 97 Things Every Programmer Should Know: Collective Wisdom from the Experts
- Author(s) Kevlin Henney
- Publisher: O'Reilly Media; 1 edition (February 19, 2010)
- Hardcover 256 pages
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0596809484
- ISBN-13: 978-0596809485
- Share This:
Tap into the wisdom of experts to learn what every programmer should know, no matter what language you use. With the 97 short and extremely useful tips for programmers in this book, you'll expand your skills by adopting new approaches to old problems, learning appropriate best practices, and honing your craft through sound advice.
With contributions from some of the most experienced and respected practitioners in the industry--including Michael Feathers, Pete Goodliffe, Diomidis Spinellis, Cay Horstmann, Verity Stob, and many more--this book contains practical knowledge and principles that you can apply to all kinds of projects.
A few of the 97 things you should know:
- "Code in the Language of the Domain" by Dan North
- "Write Tests for People" by Gerard Meszaros
- "Convenience Is Not an -ility" by Gregor Hohpe
- "Know Your IDE" by Heinz Kabutz
- "A Message to the Future" by Linda Rising
- "The Boy Scout Rule" by Robert C. Martin (Uncle Bob)
- "Beware the Share" by Udi Dahan
- Kevlin Henney is an independent consultant and trainer. His work focuses on patterns and architecture, programming techniques and languages, and development process and practice. He has been a columnist for various magazines and online publications, including The Register, Better Software, Java Report, CUJ, and C++ Report. Kevlin is co-author of two volumes in the Pattern-Oriented Software Architecture series: A Pattern Language for Distributed Computing and On Patterns and Pattern Languages. He also contributed to 97 Things Every Software Architect Should Know
- Software Engineering Principles and Practices
- Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Extreme Programming (XP), etc.
- Software Engineering
- Books by O'Reilly®
- 97 Things Every Programmer Should Know: Collective Wisdom from the Experts ©2010 (Kevlin Henney)
- The Mirror Site (1) - PDF, 243 pages, 1.7 MB
- The Mirror Site (2) - PDF, 257 pages, 2.0 MB
- The Mirror Site (3)
- The Mirror Site (4)
- Book Homepage
- 97 Things Every Programmer Should Know – Extended ©2013 (Shirish Padalkar)
- O'Reilly® 97 Things Every Software Architect Should Know (Richard Monson-Haefel)
- O'Reilly® 97 Things Every IT Project Manager Should Know (Barbee Davis, et al)