Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title An Introduction to Computer Networks
- Author(s) Peter L. Dordal
- Publisher: Loyola University Chicago (2015)
- Hardcover/Paperback N/A
- eBook HTML, PDF (621 pages, 4.6 MB), ePub
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: N/A
- ISBN-13: N/A
- Share This:
This is a general-purpose textbook about computer networking, complete with diagrams and exercises. It is suitable as the primary text for an undergraduate or introductory graduate course in computer networking, or as a supplemental text for a wide variety of network-related courses.
The book presents basic principles and concepts, along with examples of current threats to illustrate how the principles can either enable or neutralize exploits. Students see the importance of these concepts in existing and future technologies. In a challenging yet enjoyable way, they learn about a variety of technical topics, including current security exploits, technical factors that enable attacks, and economic and social factors that determine the security of future systems.About the Authors
- Peter Lars Dordal is an associate professor within the Department of Computer Science at Loyola University of Chicago.
- Computer Networks and Communications
- TCP/IP Networking
- Radio and Radio Frequency Identification (RFID)
- Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing