Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title Analyzing Linguistic Data: A Practical Introduction to Statistics using R
- Author(s) R. H. Baayen
- Publisher: Cambridge University Press; 1 edition (March 17, 2008)
- Paperback 368 pages
- eBook PDF
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0521709180
- ISBN-13: 978-0521709187
- Share This:
Statistical analysis is a useful skill for linguists and psycholinguists, allowing them to understand the quantitative structure of their data. This textbook provides a straightforward introduction to the statistical analysis of language. Designed for linguists with a non-mathematical background, it clearly introduces the basic principles and methods of statistical analysis, using 'R', the leading computational statistics programme.
A straightforward introduction to the statistical analysis of language, designed for those with a non-mathematical background. Using the leading statistics programme 'R', the reader is guided step-by-step through a range of data sets, aided by over 40 exercises with model answers. Suitable for all those working with quantitative language data.About the Authors
- R. H. Baayen is Professor of Quantitative Linguistics at Radboud University of Nijmegen and the Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics, Nijmegen.
- Computational Linguistics and Natural Language Processing
- Data Analysis and Data Mining. Big Data
- The R Programming Language
- Statistics and SAS Programming
- Analyzing Linguistic Data: A Practical Introduction to Statistics using R (R. H. Baayen)
- The Mirror Site (1)