Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title Applications of Spatial Statistics
- Author(s) Ming-Chih Hung
- Publisher: IN-TECH (November 02, 2016)
- Hardcover 154 pages
- eBook PDF files
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: N/A
- ISBN-13: 978-953-51-2757-4 (eBook), 978-953-51-2756-7 (print)
- Share This:
Spatial statistics has been widely used in many environmental studies. This book is a collection of recent studies on applying spatial statistics in subjects such as demography, transportation, precision agriculture and ecology. Different subjects require different aspects of spatial statistics. In addition to quantitative statements from statistics and tests, visualization in forms of maps, drawings, and images are provided to illustrate the relationship between data and locations.
This book will be valuable to researchers who are interested in applying statistics to spatial data, as well as graduate students who know statistics and want to explore how it can be applied to spatial data. With the processing part being simplified to several mouse clicks by commercial software, one should pay more attention to justification of using spatial statistics, as well as interpretation and assessment of the results. GIScience proves to be a useful tool in visualization of spatial data, and such useful technology should be utilized, as part, for the interpretation and assessment of the results.About the Authors
- Dr. Ming-Chih Hung is a Professor of Geography/GIScience at Northwest Missouri State University. His research emphasizes on use of GIScience on urban areas. In addition to urban areas, he is also interested in precision agriculture and environmental issues.
- Geographic Information System (GIS), Web Mapping, and GPS
- Statistics and SAS Programming
- Data Analysis and Data Mining, Big Data
- Python Programming