Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title Basic Algebra
- Author(s) Anthony W. Knapp
- Publisher: Birkhäuser; 1st ed. 2006 edition (September 28, 2006); eBook (2016)
- Hardcover 735 pages
- eBook PDF (762 pages, 9 MB)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10/ASIN: 0817632484
- ISBN-13: 978-0817632489
- Share This:
Basic Algebra includes chapters on Preliminaries about the Integers, Polynomials, and Matrices; Vector Spaces over Q, R, and C; Inner-Product Spaces; Groups and Group Actions; Theory of a Single Linear Transformation; Multilinear Algebra; Advanced Group Theory; Commutative Rings and Their Modules; Fields and Galois Theory; Modules over Noncommutative Rings.
Basic Algebra and Advanced Algebra systematically develop concepts and tools in algebra that are vital to every mathematician, whether pure or applied, aspiring or established. Together the two books give the reader a global view of algebra and its role in mathematics as a whole.
The presentation includes blocks of problems that introduce additional topics and applications to science and engineering to guide further study. Many examples and hundreds of problems are included, along with a separate 90-page section giving hints or complete solutions for most of the problems.About the Authors
- Anthony W. Knapp is a Professor Emeritus of Mathematics, Stony Brook University, State University of New York.
- Algebra, Abstract Algebra, and Linear Algebra
- Number Theory
- Elementry and High School Mathematics