Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title Developing an Advanced Windows Phone 7.5 App that Connects to the Cloud
- Author(s) David Britch, Francis Cheung, Adam Kinney, Rohit Sharma
- Publisher: Microsoft Press; 1 edition (5/25/2012)
- Paperback: N/A
- eBook: Online, HTML and PDF (4.2 MB)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: N/A
- ISBN-13: 978-1-62114-015-3
- Share This:
This book provides an end-to-end walkthrough of how to create an advanced Windows Phone 7.5 app that integrates with remote Windows Azure-based services. The book can help you understand how to implement individual features for Windows Phone 7.5 and how to use them together to build an app.
This guide teaches how to:
- Use Windows Phone 7.5 features including push notification, live and secondary tiles, and background tasks.
- Manage state and perform navigation.
- Authenticate and transfer data with a cloud service.
- Improve maintainability and testability of your application by using the Model-View-ViewModel (MVVM) pattern.
In addition to describing the client application, its integration with the web services, and the decisions made during its design and implementation, this book discusses related factors, such as the design patterns used, and the ways that the app could be extended or modified for other purposes.
After reading this book, you will be familiar with how to design and implement advanced applications for Windows Phone that take advantage of remote services to obtain and up-load data while providing a great user experience on the device.About the Authors
- Windows Phone Development and Programming
- Mobile Device Design, Development and Programming
- Cloud Computing and Virtualization
- Microsoft Windows Programming