Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title Disruptive Possibilities: How Big Data Changes Everything
- Author(s) Jeffrey Needham
- Publisher: Publisher: O'Reilly Media (July 5, 2013)
- Hardcover/Paperback 94 pages
- eBook HTML
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1449369677
- ISBN-13: 978-1449369675
- Share This:
Big data has more disruptive potential than any information technology developed in the past 40 years. As author Jeffrey Needham points out in this revealing book, big data can provide unprecedented visibility into the operational efficiency of enterprises and agencies.
Disruptive Possibilities provides an historically-informed overview through a wide range of topics, from the evolution of commodity supercomputing and the simplicity of big data technology, to the ways conventional clouds differ from Hadoop analytics clouds. This relentlessly innovative form of computing will soon become standard practice for organizations of any size attempting to derive insight from the tsunami of data engulfing them.
Replacing legacy silos - whether they're infrastructure, organizational, or vendor silos - with a platform - centric perspective is just one of the big stories of big data. To reap maximum value from the myriad forms of data, organizations and vendors will have to adopt highly collaborative habits and methodologies.About the Authors
- With 25 years experience in both hardware and software engineering, Jeff Needham is a frequent writer and speaker on topics of database performance and scalability, platform engineering and Hadoop cluster technology. Customers appreciate Jeff's creative strategies for evaluating and implementing their big data initiatives.
- Data Analysis and Data Mining, Big Data
- Algorithms and Data Structures
- Statistics, R Language and SAS Programming
- Probability, Stochastic Process, Queueing Theory, etc.
- Books by O'Reilly®