Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title Engineering Software for Accessibility
- Author(s) Microsoft Corporation
- Publisher: Microsoft Press (June 10, 2009)
- Hardcover: 144 pages
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0735626804
- ISBN-13: 978-0735626805
- Share This:
Discover how to create accessible Web sites and software by planning for accessibility from the beginning of the development cycle-with design guidelines straight from Microsoft. This guide walks you through the process of reviewing the specification to create an accessible tree and identify keyboard navigation requirements. Learn to use the tree to determine where to apply common controls and when to create custom controls. Decide how to code controls and estimate implementation time for product development. And familiarize yourself with the basics of accessibility, including color contrast, font size, the handling of images, and systemwide settings.
Are you an engineer who wants to integrate and innovate accessible products? Learn how to plan for accessibility through the traditional software development lifecycle. Program managers, or those overseeing the development of an accessible product, will also find this book helpful in understanding how accessibility integrates at each stage of the software development cycle. This book will help you to:
- Understand the basics of accessibility, UI Automation, and how it applies to your product
- Create your specifications to ensure that you are meeting common accessibility requirements
- Determine when to utilize common controls and platform resources and how to make custom controls accessible
About the Authors
- Microsoft Corporation is a multinational computer technology corporation that develops, manufactures, licenses, and supports a wide range of software products for computing devices.
Reviews and Rating:
Related Book Categories: