Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title GNU Bash Reference Manual
- Author(s) Chet Ramey and Brian Fox
- Publisher: Network Theory Ltd.(September 2006); eBook (Updated Continuously. Last updated 2015/01/19)
- Paperback 204 pages
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0954161777
- ISBN-13: 978-0954161774
- Share This:
This manual is the definitive reference for GNU Bash, the standard GNU command-line interpreter.
GNU Bash is a complete implementation of the POSIX.2 shell specification (/bin/sh), with additional features from the C-shell (csh) and Korn shell (ksh). Most Bourne shell scripts can be run by Bash without modification.
GNU Bash is free software, distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL). It runs on GNU (GNU/Linux) and Unix systems. Versions are also available for Microsoft Windows.About the Authors
- Chet Ramey and Brian Fox are the original developers of GNU Bash.
- Unix/Lunx Shell Programming
- Unix/Linux Programming and Sysytem and Applications
- Core Lunx
- Unix and Lunx