Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title How to Help Your Child Excel in Math: An A-Z Survival Guide
- Author(s) Brita Immergut
- Publisher: Delmar Cengage Learning; 1 edition (May 1, 2001)
- Paperback 224 pages
- eBook Adobe Flash
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 156414528X
- ISBN-13: 978-1564145284
- Share This:
The book is an alphabetical dictionary and handbook that gives parents of elementary, middle school, and high school students what they need to know to help their children understand the math they're learning. The book can also be used by students themselves and is suitable for anybody who is reviewing math to take standardized tests or other exams. Foreign students, whose English-language mathematics vocabulary needs to be strengthened, will also benefit from this book.About the Author(s)
- Brita Immergut (Brooklyn, NY) taught mathematics for 30 years in middle schools, high schools, and at LaGuardia Community College of the City University of New York. She has conducted workshops and taught courses for math-anxious adults at schools and organizations. Professor Immergut received an Ed.D. degree in Mathematics Education from Teachers College, Columbia University. She is a co-author of two textbooks for adults: Arithmetic and Algebra...Again and An Introduction to Algebra: A Workbook for Reading, Writing and Thinking about Mathematics.
- How to Help Your Child Excel in Math: An A-Z Survival Guide (Brita Immergut)
- The Mirror Site (1) - Adobe Flash Format