Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title Identity Management on a Shoestring
- Author(s) Ganesh Prasad, Umesh Rajbhandari
- Publisher: InfoQ (Mar 19, 2012)
- Hardcover N/A
- eBook PDF, 152 pages, 3.0 MB
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: N/A
- ISBN-13: 987𢴏05-55863-4
- Share This:
This document is aimed at Security and IT practitioners (especially architects) in end-user organisations who are responsible for implementing an enterprise-wide Identity and Access Management (IAM) system. It is neither a conceptual treatment of Identity (for which we would refer the reader to Kim Cameron's excellent work on the Laws of Identity) nor a detailed technical manual on a particular product. It describes a pragmatic and cost-effective architectural approach to implementing IAM within an organisation, based on the experience of the authors.
Our background and experience are largely with Java-based technologies, so Java shops would probably be best positioned to benefit from our suggestions, but we are sure these general principles can be suitably adapted to other technology platforms. As with any piece of unsolicited advice, the usual caveats apply. No guarantees or warranties are provided or implied. The reader is expected to apply commonsense and sound design judgement when developing a solution based on this approach.About the Authors
- Ganesh Prasad has been an architect in the Shared Services space for many years and has convinced himself that his brand of pedantry is in fact a long-term and enterprise-wide perspective. He provides nuisance value to project teams that just want to get the job done.
- Umesh Rajbhandari is a Java / Web developer who likes to keep abreast of the latest technologies. He has worked in Singapore and Nepal, and is currently based in Sydney.