Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title Introducing Windows 8: An Overview for IT Professionals
- Author(s) Jerry Honeycutt
- Publisher: Microsoft Press (November 19, 2012); eBook (Final Edition, November, 2012)
- Paperback: 200 pages (est.)
- eBook: Multiple Formats: mobi, ePub, PDF (168 pages, 8.44 MB)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0735670501
- ISBN-13: 978-0735670501
- Share This:
Get a headstart evaluating Window 8—guided by a Windows expert who’s worked extensively with the software since the preview releases. Based on final, release-to-manufacturing (RTM) software, this book introduces new features and capabilities, with scenario-based insights demonstrating how to plan for, implement, and maintain Windows 8 in an enterprise environment. Get the high-level information you need to begin preparing your deployment now.
The Windows 8 operating system is the newest member of the Microsoft Windows family. It differs from earlier Windows releases as much for what it does not change as for what it does change. That is, the features that IT pros loved about Windows 7 are still there in Windows 8—just better. The same keyboard shortcuts, management tools, security features, and deployment options are available in Windows 8. But in many cases, Windows 8 improves them in intuitive and significant ways. Some examples are the ribbon in File Explorer and faster disk encryption when using BitLocker Drive Encryption. This book describes these enhancements plus many of the new features in Windows 8.About the Authors
- Jerry Honeycutt is an expert on Windows technologies and has written more than 25 books, including Microsoft Windows Desktop Deployment Resource Kit.
- Microsoft Windows Servers and Applications
- Windows Phone Development and Programming
- Microsoft Windows Programming