Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title Mastering Regular Expressions
- Author(s) Jeffrey Friedl
- Publisher: O'Reilly Media; Third Edition edition (August 15, 2006)
- Hardcover/Paperback: 544 pages
- eBook: HTML and PDF
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0596528124
- ISBN-13: 978-0596528126
- Share This:
This book is a part of The Perl CD Bookshelf Version 4.0
Regular expressions are an extremely powerful tool for manipulating text and data. They are now standard features in a wide range of languages and popular tools, including Perl, Python, Ruby, Java, VB.NET and C# (and any language using the .NET Framework), PHP, and MySQL.
If you don't use regular expressions yet, you will discover in this book a whole new world of mastery over your data. If you already use them, you'll appreciate this book's unprecedented detail and breadth of coverage. If you think you know all you need to know about regular expressions, this book is a stunning eye-opener.
Mastering Regular Expressions quickly covers the basics of regular-expression syntax, then delves into the mechanics of expression-processing, common pitfalls, performance issues, and implementation-specific differences. Written in an engaging style and sprinkled with solutions to complex real-world problems,About the Authors
- Jeffrey Friedl was raised in the countryside of Rootstown, Ohio, and had aspirations of being an astronomer until one day he noticed a TRS-80 Model I sitting unused in the corner of the chem lab (bristling with a full 16K of RAM, no less). He eventually began using Unix (and regular expressions) in 1980, and earned degrees in Computer Science from Kent (BS) and the University of New Hampshire (MS). He did kernel development for Omron Corporation in Kyoto, Japan for eight years before moving in 1997 to Silicon Valley to apply his regular-expression know-how to financial news and data for a little-known company called "Yahoo!"
- O'Reilly® The Perl CD Bookshelf, Version 4.0 - 6 Bestselling Books on CD-ROM ©2004
- The Mirror Site (1) - PDF (474 pages, 6.2 MB)
- The Mirror Site (2) - 3rd Edition
- Book Homepage