Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title Mathematics for Classical Information Retrieval: Roots and Applications
- Author(s) Dariush Alimohammadi, Mary K. Bolin
- Publisher: Zea E-Books (December 10, 2010)
- Paperback 86 pages
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1609620046
- ISBN-13: 978-1609620042
- Share This:
This book is about Information Retrieval (IR), particularly Classical Information Retrieval (CIR). It looks at these topics through their mathematical roots. The mathematical bases of CIR are briefly reviewed, followed by the most important and interesting models of CIR, including Boolean, Vector Space, and Probabilistic. The primary goal of book is to create a context for understanding the principles of CIR by discussing its mathematical bases.
This book can be helpful for library and information science (LIS) students who are studying IR but have no knowledge of mathematics. Weakness in math impairs the ability to understand current issues in IR. While LIS students are the main target of this book, it may be of interest to computer science and communications students as well.About the Authors
- Information Retrieval (IR) and Search Engines
- Applied Mathematics
- General and Miscellaneous Mathematics