Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title Nmap Cookbook: The Fat-Free Guide to Network Security Scanning
- Author(s) Nicholas Marsh
- Publisher: Fat Free Publishing; 6 edition (February 1, 2015)
- Hardcover/Paperback N/A
- eBook PDF (open source)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1449902529
- ISBN-13: 9781449902520
- ASIN: B00T3P4TA0 :
This book provides simplified coverage of network scanning features available in the Nmap suite of utilities. Every Nmap feature is covered with visual examples to help you quickly understand and identify proper usage for practical results.
This guide is dedicated to the open source community. Without the tireless efforts of open source developers, programs like Nmap would not exist. Many of these developers devote large amounts of their spare time creating and supporting wonderful open source applications and ask for nothing in return.
Topics covered include:
- Installation on Windows, Mac OS X, and Unix/Linux platforms
- Basic and advanced scanning techniques
- Network inventory and auditing
- Firewall evasion techniques
- Zenmap - A graphical front-end for Nmap
- NSE - The Nmap Scripting Engine
- Ndiff - The Nmap scan comparison utility
- Ncat - A flexible networking utility
- Nping - Ping on steroids
- Networks Administration and Management
- Computer Networks and Communications
- Watermarking, Steganography, Nmap, and Computer Forensics, etc.
- Computer and Information Security
- Nmap Cookbook: The Fat-Free Guide to Network Security Scanning (Nicholas Marsh)
- The Mirror Site (1) - PDF