Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title Programming in D: Tutorial and Reference
- Author(s) Ali «ehreli
- Publisher: CreateSpace, 1 edition (August 19, 2015), eBook (October 31, 2016)
- Paperback 760 pages
- ebook PDF, EPUB, AZW3, and MOBI.
- Language: English
- ISBN-10/ASIN: 1515074609
- ISBN-13: 978-1515074601
- Share This:
This book is an authoritative and comprehensive introduction to D Programming Language. Reflecting the author's signature style, the writing is casual and conversational, but never at the expense of focus and pre≠cision. It covers all aspects of the language (such as expressions, statements, types, functions, contracts, and modules), but it is much more than an enumeration of features.
The main aim of this book is to teach D to readers who are new to computer programming. Although having experience in other programming languages is certainly helpful, this book starts from the basics.
D is a multi-paradigm system programming language that combines a wide range of powerful programming concepts from the lowest to the highest levels. It has C-like syntax and static typing. It pragmatically combines efficiency, control, and modeling power, with safety and programmer productivity in mind.
Each chapter is based on the contents of the previous ones, introducing as few new concepts as possible. It is recommended that the book is read in linear fashion, without skipping chapters if possible.
Although this book was written with beginners in mind, it covers almost all features of D. More experienced programmers can use the book as a D language reference by starting from the index section.About the Authors
- Ali «ehreli has been working as a C, C++, and more recently D programmer with small and large networking companies in Silicon Valley since 1996. He is a board member and the secretary of The D Language Foundation and an organizer of the Silicon Valley Chapter of the ACCU and the DLang Silicon Valley Meetup groups. He is a regular speaker at D conferences.
- New and Miscellaneous Computer/Programming Languages
- Computer Programming
- Computer and Programming Languages