Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title Prolog and Natural-Language Analysis
- Author(s) Fernando C. N. Pereira and Stuart M. Shieber
- Publisher: The Center for the Study of Language and Information Publications (July 30, 1987); eBook (2005)
- Paperback 273 pages
- eBook HTML and PDF
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0937073180
- ISBN-13: 978-0937073186
- Share This:
Logic programming, an important new method of compute programming resulting from recent research in artifucial intelligence and computer science, has proved to be especially appropriate for solving problems in natrual-language processing.
This book provides a concise and practical introduction to logic programming and the logic-programming language Prolog both as vehicles for understanding elementary computational linguistics and as tools for implementing the basic components of natural-language-processing systems.
Throughout, the specific concepts and techniques are given rigorous theoretical justification and are demonstrated with working programs that show how Prolog can be used to solve actual problems in syntax, parsing, and semantic intepretation. These examples culminate in a simple working natural-language question-answering system written in Prolog. Extensive bibliographic notes point the reader to related research and further reading.About the Authors
- Fernando C.N. Pereira is a senior computer scientist at SRI International's Artificial Intelligence Center and a consulting professor at Stanford University. His research on Prolog and natural-language processing underlies much recent work in logic grammars.
- Stuart Shieber is a researcher at the Center for the Study of Language and Information and a computer scientist at SRI International's Artificial Intelligence Center. His research on unification-based grammar formalisms bridges logic programming and linguistic theory.
- Computational Linguistics and Natural Language Processing
- Prolog Programming
- O'Reilly® Books
- Computer Science