Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title Samba-3 by Example: Practical Exercises to Successful
- Author(s) John H. Terpstra
- Publisher: Prentice Hall; 2 edition (August 18, 2005); eBook(2006)
- Hardcover/Paperback: 512 pages
- eBook: Online, PDF, 4.1 MB
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 013188221X
- ISBN-13: 978-0131882218
- Share This:
Samba-3 by Example provides useful, thoroughly documented explanations for all aspects of a Samba deployment. They’re the same kind of patient answers I got when my dad taught me how to ride a bike without training wheels. Now, if only dad knew active Directory
This book’s complete configuration files, step-by-step implementation instructions, network diagrams, and automated scripts make deployment a breeze—even if you've never worked with Samba before. From small office networks to enterprise environments, here are proven configurations, backed by guidance from one of the world’s most respected Samba experts, Samba Team contibutor John H. Terpstra.
This edition has added comprehensive diagnostic techniques and validation steps, as well as solutions to common implementation mistakes: everything you need to assure reliability and performance regardless of your network environment. In response to reader requests, the author has also added detailed coverage of updating existing Samba networks, as well as a practical primer on how Samba stores essential network information.About the Authors
- John H. Terpstra is a long-time member of the global Samba Team, a loose-knit group of about thirty people who contribute regularly to Samba.
Reviews and Rating:
Related Book Categories:
- Samba Networking Protocol
- Unix/Linux System Administration
- Unix/Linux Networking
- Networks Security, Administration and Management