Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title Scheme 9 from Empty Space: A Guide to Implementing Scheme in C
- Author(s) Nils M. Holm
- Publisher: Lulu.com (September 26, 2011); eBook (February, 2009)
- Paperback N/A
- eBook PDF (247 pages, 746.59 KB); Zipped PDF (263 KB)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: N/A
- ISBN-13: N/A
- Share This:
This book is a thorough guide of the internals of the scheme system with the same name. It provides a detailed account of every aspect of a non-trivial interpreter, from memory management, through the implementation of primitives, all the way up to the user-level forms and functions.
This is a very educational book for anyone interested in becoming more familiar with C or Scheme programming, language implementations, or just learning the in-and-outs of a moderately-sized code base.
The book is not exactly forbeginners, because the better part of it consists of code. Although the code is very straight-forward,some familiarity with both C and Scheme is required to follow it.About the Authors
- Scheme Programming Language
- C and Objective-C Programming
- Compiler/Interpreter Design and Construction
- LISP Programming Language
- Functional Programming
- Scheme 9 from Empty Space: A Guide to Implementing Scheme in C (Nils M. Holm)
- Booke Homepage (Source Code, etc.)