Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title Self-Service Linux: Mastering the Art of Problem Determination
- Author(s) Mark Wilding, Dan Behman
- Publisher: Prentice Hall; 1 edition (September 29, 2005)
- Paperback 456 pages
- ebook Online, PDF, 8.3 MB
- Language: English
- ASIN: 013147751X
- ISBN-13: 978-0131477513 :
The biggest factor in a company's decision to go with Linux is overcoming thesupport issues. Adopting Linux successfully means taking on a differentapproach to support. Since Linux is open source, there are different methodsto get the support that companies need. This includes deeper skills on how toinvestigate problems, how to get help from the open source community (i.e.how to ask for help on usenet) and how to resolve problems in-house withoutthe extra cost of a consultant.
This book should be an essential part of every company's Linux adoption plan to keep the total cost of ownership (TCO)down and improve the ROI of their Linux strategy. It is also a book that advanced Linux professionals running their own Linux systems will be able touse to troubleshoot. This book gives the staff the basics they need to diagnose most problems that they will face and will go into the nitty-gritty on the toughest problems. It also points users to the appropriate resources so that they may get help quickly.About the Authors
- Jeff Heaton is an author, college instructor, and consultant. Jeff lives in Chesterfield (St. Louis), Missouri. The author of seven books and over two dozen journal and magazine articles, Jeff specializes in Internet, socket-level/spidering and Artificial Intelligence programming. Jeff has worked with companies such as MasterCard, Anheuser-Busch and Boeing. A Sun Certified Java Programmer and a Senior Member of the IEEE. Jeff holds a Masters Degree in Information Management from Washington University in St. Louis.
Reviews and Rating: