Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title Take Control of VMware Fusion 3
- Author(s) Joe Kissell
- Publisher: TidBITS Publishing Inc. (27-Oct-09)
- Paperback 142 pages
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1615420053
- ISBN-13: 978-9993776727
The ebook explains new Fusion 3 features, including the redesigned Applications menu, enhanced Virtual Library window, new Preview window (which shows a live thumbnail of your entire Windows Desktop), and improved Unity view. It also discusses Windows 7 and 32-bit vs. 64-bit possibilities.
After introducing you to a few basic concepts, the ebook offers advice for mixing Fusion and Boot Camp, and notes the hardware and software you'll need. Then you'll find steps for installing Windows for use in Fusion in these scenarios:
- When installing a new copy of Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7
- From an already-installed copy of Windows under Boot Camp, VMware Fusion 1.x or 2.x, Parallels Desktop, Virtual PC, or an actual PC
- From a slipstream disc that contains Windows plus service packs, updates, drivers, and settings
- On the MacBook Air, which lacks an internal optical drive
- With Mac OS X Server (version 10.5 or higher) as a guest operating system
- For running a virtual appliance that encapsulates both an operating system and a ready-to-run application
Joe Kissell has written numerous books about the Macintosh, including many popular Take Control ebooks. He's also Senior Editor of TidBITS, contributes frequently to Macworld, and previously spent ten years in the Mac software industry.
Reviews and Rating:
Related Book Categories: