Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title The Data Science Handbook: Advice and Insights from 25 Amazing Data Scientists
- Author(s) Carl Shan, William Chen, Henry Wang, Max Song
- Publisher: Data Science Bookshelf, The (June 19, 2015)
- Hardcover/Paperback 346 pages
- eBook PDF
- Language: English
- ISBN-10/ASIN: 0692434879
- ISBN-13: 978-0692434871
- Share This:
The Data Science Handbook contains interviews with 25 of the world s best data scientists. We sat down with them, had in-depth conversations about their careers, personal stories, perspectives on data science and life advice.
In The Data Science Handbook, you will find war stories from DJ Patil, US Chief Data Officer and one of the founders of the field. You ll learn industry veterans such as Kevin Novak and Riley Newman, who head the data science teams at Uber and Airbnb respectively.
You ll also read about rising data scientists such as Clare Corthell, who crafted her own open source data science masters program. This book is perfect for aspiring or current data scientists to learn from the best. It s a reference book packed full of strategies, suggestions and recipes to launch and grow your own data science career.
This book is a compilation of in-depth interviews with 25 data scientists from a wide selection of backgrounds, disciplines, and industries, where they share their insights, stories, and advice.About the Authors
- The four co-authors are all practicing data scientists. They've worked in places like billion-dollar technology startup Quora, machine learning startup Ayasdi, and e-commerce website Etsy. Between the four of them, the authors have done things from applying machine learning to public policy under President Obama's former Chief Scientist to using data-driven methods to find ways to invest multi-billion dollar investment funds.
- Data Science
- Data Analysis and Data Mining, Big Data
- The R Programming Language
- Statistics, Mathematical Statistics, and SAS Programming