Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title The Idealist Guide to Nonprofit Careers for Sector Switchers
- Author(s) Steven Joiner and Meg Busse
- Publisher: Hundreds of Heads Books (February 9, 2010)
- Paperback 252 pages
- eBook PDF, 21.6 MB
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1933512229
- ISBN-13: 978-1933512228
- Share This:
The Idealist Guide to Nonprofit Careers for Sector Switchers is the comprehensive resource for transitioning professionals pursuing new career options in the nonprofit sector.
Get indispensable advice, relevant strategies, and nonprofit-specific resources to strengthen your job search. Written by nonprofit career experts, The Idealist Guide is easily accessible and convenient to read. If you are a “mid-career transitioner,” a “re-careerer,” an “encore careerist,” a “bridger,” or a “sector switcher” this book is meant for you.
- Why Nonprofit?
- Myths and Facts About Nonprofits
- Nonprofit Hiring Practices
- The Challenge of Sector Switching
- Self and Career Assessment
- Networking Strategies
- Evaluating Organizational Culture
- Negotiating the Best Deal
- Starting Your Own Nonprofit
- Nonprofit Speak 101
- Professional Careers and Job Interviews
- IT Certificates Preparation and Study Guides
- IT References Books