Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title Think Python: An Introduction to Software Design
- Author(s) Allen B. Downey
- Publisher: CreateSpace (February 27, 2009)
- Paperback 238 pages
- eBook Online, PDF
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1441419160
- ISBN-13: 978-1441419163
Python for Software Design is a concise introduction to software design using the Python programming language. Intended for people with no programming experience, this book starts with the most basic concepts and gradually adds new material. Some of the ideas students find most challenging, like recursion and object-oriented programming, are divided into a sequence of smaller steps and introduced over the course of several chapters. The focus is on the programming process, with special emphasis on debugging.
The book includes a wide range of exercises, from short examples to substantial projects, so that students have ample opportunity to practice each new concept. Exercise solutions and code examples are available from thinkpython.com, along with Swampy, a suite of Python programs that is used in some of the exercises.About the Authors
- Allen B. Downey is an Associate Professor of Computer Science at the Franklin W. Olin College of Engineering. He has written several books, including Computational Modeling and Complexity Science, How to Think Like a Computer Scientist, The Little Book of Semaphores, Physical Modeling in MATLAB, and Learning Perl the Hard Way.
- Python Programming
- Data Analysis and Data Mining
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Computational Complexity