Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
Version Control by Example
Looking for Business Opportunities with government? click here.
- Title Version Control by Example
- Authors Eric Sink
- Publisher: Pyrenean Gold Press; 1 edition (July 25, 2011)
- Paperback: 288 pages
- eBook: Online, PDF (6 MB), HTML, ePub, etc.
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0983507902
- ISBN-13: 978-0983507901
- Share This:
This book uses practical examples to explain version control with both centralized and decentralized systems. Topics covered include:
- Basic version control commands and concepts
- Introduction to Distributed Version Control Systems (DVCS)
- Advanced branching workflows
- Strengths and weaknesses of DVCS vs. centralized tools
- Best practices
- How distributed version control works under the hood
- Eric Sink, founder of SourceGear, has been developing version control tools for over a decade. He is a popular conference speaker and blogger. Eric is also the author of Eric Sink on the Business of Software (Apress, 2006).
Resources and Links