Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title Handbook of Applied Cryptography
- Author(s) Alfred J. Menezes, Paul C. van Oorschot, and Scott A. Vanstone
- Publisher: CRC Press; 1 edition (December 16, 1996), Fifth Printing (August 2001)
- Hardcover 780 pages
- eBook Mulyiple formats: PDF, PostScript, etc.
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0849385237
- ISBN-13: 978-0849385230
- Share This:
This book is an incredible achievement. The handbook is complete. If you want to check what problems there were with a proposed system, determine how the variations on a particular algorithm developed, see what research preceded and followed an idea, go to the Handbook. The Handbook has accurate, clear, and correct information. It is wonderful. If I were limited to only one cryptography text on my shelves, it would be the Handbook of Applied Cryptography.
Cryptography, in particular public-key cryptography, has emerged in the last 20 years as an important discipline that is not only the subject of an enormous amount of research, but provides the foundation for information security in many applications. Standards are emerging to meet the demands for cryptographic protection in most areas of data communications. Public-key cryptographic techniques are now in widespread use, especially in the financial services industry, in the public sector, and by individuals for their personal privacy, such as in electronic mail. This Handbook will serve as a valuable reference for the novice as well as for the expert who needs a wider scope of coverage within the area of cryptography. It is a necessary and timely guide for professionals who practice the art of cryptography. The Handbook of Applied Cryptography provides a treatment that is multifunctional.About the Authors
- Cryptography, Cryptology, and Cryptanalysis
- Algorithms and Data Structures
- Algebra, Abstract Algebra, and Linear Algebra
- Computational and Algorithmic Mathematics
- Computational Complexity
- Computer and Information Security