Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title iOS 9 App Development Essentials: Learn to Develop iOS 9 Apps Using Xcode 7 and Swift 2
- Author(s) Neil Smyth
- Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform; 1 edition (October 17, 2015)
- Paperback 808 pages
- ebook HTML, Kindle (824 pages, 14176 KB), ePup
- Language: English
- ISBN-10/ASIN: 1518651550
- ISBN-13: 978-1518651557
- Share This:
iOS 9 App Development Essentials is latest edition of this popular book series and has now been fully updated for the iOS 9 SDK, Xcode 7 and the Swift 2 programming language.
Beginning with the basics, this book provides an outline of the steps necessary to set up an iOS development environment. An introduction to the architecture of iOS 9 and programming in Swift is provided, followed by an in-depth look at the design of iOS applications and user interfaces. More advanced topics such as file handling, database management, in-app purchases, graphics drawing and animation are also covered, as are touch screen handling, gesture recognition, multitasking, iAds integration, location management, local notifications, camera access and video and audio playback support. Other features are also covered including Auto Layout, Twitter and Facebook integration, App Store hosted in-app purchase content, Sprite Kit-based game development, local map search and user interface animation using UIKit dynamics.
Additional features of iOS development using Xcode 7 are also covered, including Swift playgrounds, universal user interface design using size classes, app extensions, Interface Builder Live Views, embedded frameworks, CloudKit data storage and TouchID authentication.
The key new features of iOS 9 and Xcode 7 are also covered in detail, including new error handling in Swift 2, designing Stack View based user interfaces, multiple storyboard support, iPad multitasking, map flyover support, 3D Touch and Picture-in-Picture media playback.
The aim of this book, therefore, is to teach you the skills necessary to build your own apps for iOS 9. Assuming you are ready to download the iOS 9 SDK and Xcode 7, have an Intel-based Mac and ideas for some apps to develop, you are ready to get started.About the Authors
- Neil Smyth is co-founder and CEO Payload Media, an internet and eBook publishing company based in the U.S. Prior to launching Payload Media, Neil held a number of positions in the IT industry including programming, web development, systems administration and sales and marketing and is the author of a number of technology related books. Click here to see all his "Essentials" technical books.
- iOS (iPhone, iPad, watchOS, tvOS, etc.) Programming
- Swift Programming
- Objective-C Programming
- Mac OS X and Programming
- Mobile Devices Development and Programming
- Books by Neil Smyth