Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title 500 Lines or Less: Experienced Programmers Solve Interesting Problems
- Author(s) Amy Brown, Greg Wilson
- Publisher: lulu.com (June 28, 2016)
- Paperback 478 pages
- ebook Online, HTML
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1329871278
- ISBN-13: 978-1329871274
- Share This:
This book provides you with the chance to study how 26 experienced programmers think when they are building something new. The programs you will read about in this book were all written from scratch to solve difficult problems. A web server, a pedometer, a Python interpreter, a web-based spreadsheet, and many more applications are written, in 500 lines of code or less, and described by their creators so that you can learn from their insights and their mistakes.
It focuses on the design decisions that programmers make in the small when they are building something new. The programs you will read about in this book were all written from scratch for this purpose (although several of them were inspired by larger projects that the authors had worked on previously).About the Authors
- Amy Brown worked in the software industry for ten years before quitting to create a freelance editing and book production business. She has an underused degree in Math from the University of Waterloo.
- Computer Programming
- Free and Open Source Software (FOSS)
- Software Engineering Principles and Practices