Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title AMPL: A Modeling Language for Mathematical Programming
- Author(s) Robert Fourer, David M. Gay, Brian W. Kernighan
- Publisher: Cengage Learning; 2 edition (November 12, 2002)
- Hardcover 540 pages
- eBook PDF Files
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0534388094
- ISBN-13: 978-0534388096
- Share This:
AMPL is a language for large-scale optimization and mathematical programming problems in production, distribution, blending, scheduling, and many other applications.
Combining familiar algebraic notation and a powerful interactive command environment, AMPL makes it easy to create models, use a wide variety of solvers, and examine solutions. Though flexible and convenient for rapid prototyping and development of models, AMPL also offers the speed and generality needed for repeated large-scale production runs.
This book, written by the creators of AMPL, is a complete guide for modelers at all levels of experience. It begins with a tutorial on widely used linear programming models, and presents all of AMPL's features for linear programming with extensive examples. Additional chapters cover network, nonlinear, piecewise-linear, and integer programming; database and spreadsheet interactions; and command scripts. Most chapters include exercises.About the Authors
- Mathematical and Computational Software, MATLAB
- Computational Simulations and Modeling
- Numerical Analysis and Computation