Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title Algorithms and Complexity
- Author(s) Herbert S. Wilf
- Publisher: A K Peters/CRC Press; 2nd edition (December 1, 2002)
- Hardcover 228 pages
- eBook Online, HTML and PDF files
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1568811780
- ISBN-13: 978-1568811789
- Share This:
This book is an introductory textbook on the design and analysis of algorithms. The author uses a careful selection of a few topics to illustrate the tools for algorithm analysis. Recursive algorithms are illustrated by Quicksort, FFT, fast matrix multiplications, and others. Algorithms associated with the network flow problem are fundamental in many areas of graph connectivity, matching theory, etc. Algorithms in number theory are discussed with some applications to public key encryption. This second edition will differ from the present edition mainly in that solutions to most of the exercises will be included.About the Authors
- Herbert S. Wilf is the Thomas A. Scott Professor of Mathematics at the University of Pennsylvania. In 1998 he received the Leroy P. Steele Prize for Seminal Contribution to Research, awarded by the American Mathematical Society, and in 1996 he was awarded the Deborah and Franklin Tepper Haimo Award for Distinguished College or University Teaching of mathematics.
- Algorithms and Data Structures
- Computational Complexity
- Computational and Algorithmic Mathematics
- Parallel Computing and Programming