Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title Think Complexity: Complexity Science and Computational Modeling
- Author(s) Allen Downey
- Publisher: O'Reilly Media (March 14, 2012)
- Paperback 154 pages
- eBook Online, HTML and PDF
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1449314635
- ISBN-13: 978-1449314637
- Share This:
This book is about complexity science, data structures and algorithms, intermediate programming in Python, and the philosophy of science.
This book presents features that make Python such a simple and powerful language. The author provides code to help you get started, along with a solution for each exercise. With this book, you will:
- Work with graphs and graph algorithms, NumPy arrays and SciPy methods, basic signal processing and Fast Fourier Transform, and hash tables.
- Discover complexity science, the field that studies abstract models of complex physical systems, including power laws, fractals and pink noise, and Turing machines.
- Explore the philosophy of science through the models and results in this book about the nature of scientific laws, theory choice, and realism and instrumentalism, and more.
- Allen Downey is an Associate Professor of Computer Science at the Olin College of Engineering. He has taught computer science at Wellesley College, Colby College and U.C. Berkeley. He has a Ph.D. in Computer Science from U.C. Berkeley and Masterís and Bachelorís degrees from MIT.