Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title Algorithms
- Author(s) Sanjoy Dasgupta, Christos Papadimitriou, Umesh Vazirani
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill Science/Engineering/Math; 1 edition (September 13, 2006)
- Paperback 336 pages
- eBook PDF Files
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0073523402
- ISBN-13: 978-0073523408
- Share This:
This text, extensively class-tested over a decade at UC Berkeley and UC San Diego, explains the fundamentals of algorithms in a story line that makes the material enjoyable and easy to digest. Emphasis is placed on understanding the crisp mathematical idea behind each algorithm, in a manner that is intuitive and rigorous without being unduly formal.
Features include: The use of boxes to strengthen the narrative: pieces that provide historical context, descriptions of how the algorithms are used in practice, and excursions for the mathematically sophisticated.
Carefully chosen advanced topics that can be skipped in a standard one-semester course, but can be covered in an advanced algorithms course or in a more leisurely two-semester sequence.
An accessible treatment of linear programming introduces students to one of the greatest achievements in algorithms. An optional chapter on the quantum algorithm for factoring provides a unique peephole into this exciting topic. In addition to the text, DasGupta also offers a Solutions Manual, which is available on the Online Learning Center.About the Authors
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Computational Complexity
- Operations Research (OR), Linear Programming, Optimization, and Approximation
- Algorithms (Sanjoy Dasgupta, et al)
- The Mirror Site (1) - PDF (336 pages, 1.95 MB)
- The Mirror Site (2) - PDF (in Russian)
- Book Homepage (Errata, Instructor View, Resources, etc.)