Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title Elementary Algorithms
- Author(s) Xinyu Liu
- Publisher: GitHub.com (2014)
- Hardcover/Paperback N/A
- eBook PDF (622 pages)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: N/A
- ISBN-13: N/A
- Share This:
This is a free book about elementary algorithms and data structures. This book doesn't only focus on an imperative (or procedural) approach, but also includes purely functional algorithms and data structures. It doesn't require readers to master any programming languages, because all the algorithms are described using mathematical functions and pseudocode.
There are plenty of books about algorithms, such as "Introduction to algorithms", "The art of computer programming", "structure and interpretation of computer programs", etc ... why another book? Is it reinvention of wheel?
This book can"t compare with the above classic bibles at all. It has some features like:
- All algorithms are described in math formulas and pseudo codes. I hope it bring some taste of elegant by using algebraic symbols.
- All algorithms are realized in both purely functional and imperative approaches.
- The examples are provided in multiple programming languages, including C, Haskell, Python, C++, Scheme/Lisp. Haskell is the main language for all functional implementations.
- Algorithms and Data Structures
- Operations Research (OR), Linear Programming, Optimization, and Approximation
- Computational and Algorithmic Mathematics
- Computational Complexity
- Discrete Mathematics