Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title An Introduction to Set Theory
- Authors William A. R. Weiss
- Publisher: University of Toronto (2008)
- Paperback: N/A
- eBook: Multiple Formats: PDF, PostScript, dvi
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: N/A
- ISBN-13: N/A
- Share This:
Thoroughly revised, updated, expanded, and reorganized to serve as a primary text for mathematics courses, Introduction to Set Theory covers the basics: relations, functions, orderings, finite, countable, and uncountable sets, and cardinal and ordinal numbers.
It also provides five additional self-contained chapters, consolidates the material on real numbers into a single updated chapter affording flexibility in course design, supplies end-of-section problems, with hints, of varying degrees of difficulty, includes new material on normal forms and Goodstein sequences, and adds important recent ideas including filters, ultrafilters, closed unbounded and stationary sets, and partitions.About the Authors
- Mathematical Logic - Set Theory, Model Theory, Computability, etc
- Theory of Programming Languages
- Theory of Computation
- Introduction to Computer Science