Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title Application of Geographic Information Systems
- Author(s) Bhuiyan Monwar Alam
- Publisher: IN-TECH (October 31, 2012)
- Hardcover 372 pages
- eBook PDF files, and a Zipped PDF, 39.58 MB
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: N/A
- ISBN-13: 978-953-51-0824-5
- Share This:
The importance of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) can hardly be overemphasized in todayís academic and professional arena. More professionals and academics have been using GIS than ever Ė urban & regional planners, civil engineers, geographers, spatial economists, sociologists, environmental scientists, criminal justice professionals, political scientists, and alike. As such, it is extremely important to understand the theories and applications of GIS in our teaching, professional work, and research.
This book presents research findings that explain GISís applications in different subfields of social sciences. With several case studies conducted in different parts of the world, the book blends together the theories of GIS and their practical implementations in different conditions. It deals with GISís application in the broad spectrum of geospatial analysis and modeling, water resources analysis, land use analysis, infrastructure network analysis like transportation and water distribution network, and such.
The book is expected to be a useful source of knowledge to the users of GIS who envision its applications in their teaching and research. This easy-to-understand book is surely not the end in itself but a little contribution to toward our understanding of the rich and wonderful subject of GIS.About the Authors
- Bhuiyan Monwar Alam (Ph.D., Florida State University) is an Associate Professor of Urban and Regional Planning in the Department of Geography and Planning at the University of Toledo, Ohio, USA.
- Geographic Information System (GIS), Web Mapping, and GPS
- Data Analysis and Data Mining, Big Data
- Statistics and SAS Programming
- Python Programming
- HTML, HTML5, XHTML, and DHTML
- Web Programming
- Computer Graphics, 3D, Animation and Imaging