Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title GIS Succinctly
- Author(s) Peter Shaw
- Publisher: Syncfusion Inc. (2012)
- Paperback N/A
- ebook PDF (106 pages, 2.19 MB), Kindle (mobi), etc.
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: N/A
- ISBN-13: N/A
- Share This:
Geographic information systems (GIS) use a complex mix of cartography, statistical analysis, and database technology to provide everything from web-based interfaces, such as Bing Maps and Google Maps, to tracking applications for delivery services.
With GIS Succinctly, author Peter Shaw guides you through it all, starting with a detailed examination of the data and processes that constitute the internals of a GIS. He surveys a selection of commercial and open-source software packages, detailing the strengths and weaknesses of each so you can choose one that suits your own GIS development. Shaw even provides instructions for setting up a spatially enabled database and creating a complete .NET GIS application. Complete with downloadable code samples, GIS Succinctly is the one resource you need to map your world.About the Authors
- Geographic Information System (GIS), Web Mapping, and GPS
- Data Analysis and Data Mining, Big Data
- Statistics and SAS Programming
- Python Programming
- HTML, HTML5, XHTML, and DHTML
- Web Programming
- Succinctly Free eBooks Series