Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title BIOS Disassembly Ninjutsu Uncovered
- Author(s) Darmawan Salihun
- Publisher: A-List Publishing (October 28, 2006)
- Paperback: 450 pages
- eBook PDF, 576 page, 11.77 MB
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1931769605
- ISBN-13: 978-1931769600
- Share This:
Explaining security vulnerabilities, possible exploitation scenarios, and prevention in a systematic manner, this guide to BIOS exploitation describes the reverse-engineering techniques used to gather information from BIOS and expansion ROMs. SMBIOS/DMI exploitation techniques—including BIOS rootkits and computer defense—and the exploitation of embedded x86 BIOS are also covered.
This book is primarily oriented toward system programmers and computer security experts. In addition, electronic engineers, pc technicians and computer enthusiasts can also benefit a lot from this book. Furthermore, due to heavy explanation of applied computer architecture (x86 architecture) and compression algorithm, computer science students might also find it useful. However, nothing prevents any people who is curious about BIOS technology to read this book and get benefit from it.About the Authors
- Darmawan Salihun has published papers on BIOS reverse engineering, BIOS code injection techniques, BIOS hacking, Plug and Play BIOS, and PCI protocol exploitation in the CodeBreakers Journal.
- Assembly and Machine Languages Programming
- Reverse Engineering
- Computer Hardware, Personal Computers, and the History of Computers
- Computer System, Organization, and Architecture
- Computer and Information Security
- BIOS Disassembly Ninjutsu Uncovered (Darmawan Salihun)
- The Mirror Site (1) - Direct PDF Download
- The Mirror Site (2)
- Book Homepage