Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title Book of Speed: The Business, Psychology and Technology of High Performance Web Apps
- Author(s) Stoyan Stefanov
- Publisher: BookOfSpeed.com (2012)
- Paperback N/A
- eBook Online, HTML, PDF files
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: N/A
- ISBN-13: N/A
- Share This:
No one likes to wait and we all hate slow pages. These are obvious, easily observable facts that donít need any proof. And, as youíll see later in Chapter 9, which discusses the psychology of time and speed, waiting affects users in negative ways not only psychologically (they distrust the site, perceive it as lower quality) but also physiologically (they get irritable, their blood pressure increases). In the end, all the negative effects of slow web sites add up to a loss of users, loss of revenue and brand damage.
This book gives you practical industry examples and studies which expose the effects of performance on the bottom line. If youíre not convinced that speed means money, read on.About the Authors
- Miscellaneous and Uncategorized Books
- Web Programming
- Web Frameworks
- The C and Objective C Programming