Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title CICS and the JVM server: Developing and Deploying Java Applications
- Author(s) Chris Rayns, George Burgess, Scott Clee, Tom Grieve, John Taylor
- Publisher: Vervante (June 24, 2013)
- Paperback 406 pages
- eBook PDF, 406 page3, 7 MB
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0738438332
- ISBN-13: 978-0738438337
- Share This:
provides information about the new Java virtual machine (JVM) server technology in IBM CICSŪ Transaction Server for z/OSŪ V4.2. We begin by outlining the many advantages of its multi-threaded operation over the pooled JVM function of earlier releases. The Open Services Gateway initiative (OSGi) is described and we highlight the benefits OSGi brings to both development and deployment.
Details are then provided about how to configure and use the new JVM server environment.
The book continues with a comparison between traditional CICS programming, and CICS programming from Java. As a result, the main functional areas of the Java class library for CICS (JCICS) application programming interface (API) are extensively reviewed.About the Authors
- Advanced Java
- Mainframe Computing
- Introduction to Java, Basic Java
- Enterprise Java and Java EE (J2EE)