Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title Complete Showplan Operators
- Author(s) Fabiano Amorim
- Publisher: Simple-Talk.com (October 10, 2011)
- Paperback N/A
- eBook PDF and ePub
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: N/A
- ISBN-13: N/A
- Share This:
Writing good TSQL code is not an easy task. Then you submit the code to the query optimizer and strange things happen. The one good view you have into what the optimizer decided to do is provided by the execution plans. Understanding execution plans is a lot of work. Trust me on that. What you need to really understand your queries is as much knowledge as you can get. That's where this excellent collection of articles on some of the more common execution plan operators comes in.
The author has taken the time to reallv drill into the behavior of a small set of execution plan operators in an effort to explain the optimizer's behavior. He's explored why things happen, how you can change them, positively or negatively, and he's done it all in an approachable style. You want information and knowledge in order to achieve understanding.About the Authors
- Fabiano Amorim is fascinated by the SQL Server Query Processor and the way it works to optimize queries.
- Miscrosoft SQL Server
- Database, Data Warehouse and Data Management
- Data Management White Papers
- Microsoft Windows and .NET