Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title: Efficient R Programming: A Practical Guide to Smarter Programming
- Author(s): Colin Gillespie, Robin Lovelace
- Publisher: O'Reilly Media; 1 edition (October 25, 2016)
- Paperback: 150 pages
- eBook: HTML
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1491950781
- ISBN-13: 978-1491950784
- Share This:
Become a more productive programmer with Efficient R Programming. Drawing on years of experience teaching R courses, authors Colin Gillespie and Robin Lovelace give practical advice on a range of topics—from optimizing set-up of RStudio to leveraging C++ - that make this book a valuable asset for both experienced and novice programmers. It's suitable for academics, business users, and programmers from a wide range of backgrounds.
- Get practical, tried-and-true advice from longtime R instructors
- Dive into a wide range of topics, including RStudio set-up and leveraging C++, suitable for all skill levels
- Gain insight into RStudio’s functionality to boost code-writing productivity
- Learn the necessary skills for team-based R programming work
- Save time, and energy, debugging code and searching online forums
This book s about increasing the amount of work you can do with R in a given amount of time. It's about both computational and programmer efficiency. This book is for anyone who uses R and who wants to make their use of R more reproducible, scalable, and faster.About the Authors
- Colin Gillespie is Senior lecturer (Associate professor) at Newcastle University, UK. He has been running R courses for over five years at a variety of levels, ranging from beginners to advanced programming.
- Robin Lovelace is a Research Fellow in the Leeds Institute for Data Analytics, which specializes in the handling of large data sets. Robin has five years using R for academic research and three years teaching R at all levels. Robin developed the popular tutorial "Introduction to visualizing spatial data in R"
- The R Programming Language
- Statistics, and SAS Programming
- Data Analysis and Data Mining
- Geographic Information System (GIS) and Web Mapping
- Books by O'Reilly®