Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title Experiments with MATLAB
- Author(s) Cleve B. Moler
- Publisher: www.mathworks.com (2009
- eBook Online/PDF
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: N/A
- ISBN-13: N/A
- Share This:
This book provides an excellent initiation into programming in MATLAB while serving as a teaser for more advanced topics. It provides a structured entry into MATLAB programming through well designed exercises.
Experiments with MATLAB is an electronic book with chapters that supplement high school and early college courses in mathematics and technical computing, including calculus and matrix theory. The expected background includes algebra, trigonometry, and some familiarity with computers.
Based on MATLAB, the e-book includes more than 40 M-programs. Many of over 140 exercises involve modifying and extending these programs. The e-book makes extensive use of computer graphics, including interactive graphical expositions of mathematical topics.
An electronic edition, published by The MathWorks, is available from this Web site. This e-book is currently under active development with new material being added from time to time. There are no current plans for a traditional print edition.About the Authors
- Cleve B. Moler is Chairman and Chief Scientist at The MathWorks. Before abandoning academic life for the computer industry, Moler was a professor of mathematics and computer science for almost 20 years at the University of Michigan, Stanford University, and the University of New Mexico. He then spent five years with two computer hardware manufacturers, the Intel Hypercube organization and Ardent Computers. His professional interests center on numerical analysis and scientific computing. He is the original author of MATLAB, as well as one of the authors of the LINPACK and EISPACK scientific libraries for matrix computation.
- Mathematical and Computational Software
- Computational and Algorithmic Mathematics
- Numerical Analysis and Computation