Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title Introduction to Numerical Methods and MATLAB Programming for Engineers
- Author(s) Todd Young and Martin J. Mohlenkamp
- Publisher: A K Peters/CRC Press; Har/Psc edition (July 13, 2015)
- Hardcover/Paperback 400 pages
- eBook PDF
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1482251884
- ISBN-13: 978-1482251883
- Share This:
This book was developed for a course on applied numerical methods for Engineering. The main goals these lectures are to introduce concepts of numerical methods and introduce Matlab in an Engineering framework.
The main goals of these lectures are to introduce concepts of numerical methods and introduce Matlab in an Engineering framework. By this we do not mean that every problem is a "real life" engineering application, but more that the engineering way of thinking is emphasized throughout the discussion.
It covers the fundamentals while emphasizing the most essential methods throughout the pages. Readers are also given the opportunity to enhance their programming skills using MATLAB to implement algorithms. They'll discover how to use this tool to solve problems in science and engineering.
This book serves as a textbook for a first course in numerical methods using MATLAB to solve problems in mechanical, civil, aeronautical, and electrical engineering. It can also be used as a textbook or as a reference book in higher level courses.About the Authors
- Martin J. Mohlenkamp is Associate Professor in the Department of Mathematics, College of Arts & Sciences at Ohio University. His research interests are fast algorithms, numerical analysis, applied mathematics, and mathematics.
- Todd Young is a professor in the Department of Mathematics at Ohio University. His research interests are differential equations and dynamical systems, especially global bifurcation theory, random dynamical systems and applications to biological systems.
- Numerical Analysis and Scientific Computing
- Mathematical and Computational Software, MATLAB, etc.
- Algorithms and Data Structures
- Computational and Algorithmic Mathematics
- Introduction to Numerical Methods and MATLAB Programming for Engineers (Todd Young, et al)
- The Mirror Site (1) - PDF
- The Mirror Site (2) - PDF
- The Mirror Site (3) - PDF